Here's a video your class can really sink their teeth into! Dispel myths and build knowledge about great white sharks using a captivating video from Veritasium. The narrator takes you out to sea to view the animals in their natural environments and discusses their sizes, behaviors, and favorite foods.
- Make time for the video in a marine ecosystems unit or predator-prey lesson
- Before the video, have the class write down what they know, or think they know, about Great White sharks
- Provide some images of the great white shark's anatomy to younger learners that may be less familiar with some of the structures discussed in the resource
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The narrator explains each fact during a shark-watching expedition, adding interest to the video
- Facts are leveraged against common misconceptions, making the content clear for viewers