This 1968 Project Lesson Plan lesson plan also includes:
- Graphic Organizer
- Join to access all included materials
Dr. Spock indicted. The USS Pueblo patrol boat is captured. The Nha Trang Tet Offensive. The My Lai Massacre. Martin Luther King, Jr. is assassinated. Andy Warhol is shot. Robert Kennedy is shot. The Newport Folk Festival. The Chicago riots. Apollo 7. That was the year that was. Class members create an 8-10 minute documentary based on interviews they conduct with a person who lived through that remarkable year and who remembers one big event. Complete directions for this long-term research project, which is to be conducted out of class, are included, as is a rubric and permission slip template.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The History Channel's 1968: The Year That Everything Changed is used to launch the project and provide an overview of the events of 1968
- Given the length of the project, consider creating periodic check-ins to monitor progress
- The project assumes participants are familiar with interview protocols