This 8th Grade ELA Common Core Checklists printable & template also includes:
How close are your eighth graders to mastering the ELA Common Core standards? Keep an eye on progress with these charts, which include every eighth grade identifier and full standard text. As you move through the year and teach, reteach, assess, and reassess, use the space provided here to check off standards and make any comments.
- Involve your class in understanding their own mastery of Common Core standards by checking off standards on this list together at the end of a unit of study
- Create a separate copy or Excel sheet of these checklists for each of your eighth grade classes so that you can monitor progress of individual classes and analyze areas that need to be retaught in one or all of your classes
- If you prefer to type notes, you may find the Excel version of the checklists to be more useful
- Every standard is clearly organized into the charts so that you can easily note down and analyze your pupils' progress
- See the materials tab for an Excel version of the checklists that you can download and edit as you see fit