This A Day for the Constitution lesson plan also includes:
- The U.S. Constitution at the National Archives
- The Preamble of the U.S. Constitution
- Bill of Rights
- Mary Beth Tinker on the First Amendment
- Supreme Court Introduction Research (.pdf)
- States’ Rights and the U.S. Constitution (.pdf)
- Constitutional Conversation: 10th Amendment
- Why do we have a Constitution?
- The Constitution Project
- Join to access all included materials
The "Constitution Day and Citizenship Day" law requires schools receiving any federal funding to provide educational programming on the history of the American Constitution. The lesson plans, materials, videos, questions, and activities in this packet can be used separately, modified, or combined depending on how much time allotted to the Constitution Day study.
- Have groups investigate the history of the Constitution and the law requiring instruction in schools
- Constitution Day is September 17
- Includes an introduction and warm-up activity