This A Gift of Corn to the Choctaw video also includes:
A mysterious woman. A humble sharing of a meal. A generous gift. The universal value of generosity is threaded throughout a core Choctaw legend on why the tribe began to grow corn. Using part of the Native American Sacred Stories series, the easy-to-use lesson plan and accompanying video stimulate learner conversation on shared universal human values.
- Use included discussion questions in a Socratic seminar to discuss the meaning of the Choctaw legend and compare it to other stories about similar values
- Have scholars create their own storyboards or pictographs to tell a tale about one of their personal values
- Video is in the Choctaw language with English subtitles
- Complete lesson plan with discussion questions, video, background information, and extension ideas
- Video uses compelling animation to spark pupils' interest
- Makes clear connections between the Choctaw legend and bigger ideas