This A Rainforest Folktale: Determining the Message of “The Wings of the Butterfly,” a Tukuna People Tale lesson plan also includes:
Did you the message? Scholars listen to a read aloud of The Wings of the Butterfly to summarize and determine the message of the text. They discuss the folktale and vocabulary in groups, then use a double bubble map to compare the story to The Most Beautiful Roof in the World.
- Create an example and/or discuss the use of double bubble map before completing the activity (pupils likely have not seen this type of organizer)
- Fits as lesson nine of 15 in Grade 5 ELA Module 2a, Unit 2
- Requires completing prior lessons first
- Incorporates ideas from a previous text
- Includes methods for meeting the needs of all learning styles