This Airplanes and Airstrips Part 2 lesson plan also includes:
Table the decision to land. Pupils form flight crews by matching up different representations of linear equations. Given a set of coordinates for an airstrip, the crews determine the equation of the line that will position their planes for a straight landing. The teams then create a comic strip to describe how to find the equation of a line from a table of values.
- Lead a discussion about the minimum number of points needed to create an accurate line
- Requires learners to know how to graph linear equations
- Assumes the class is familiar with finding slope from two points
- Provides a link to describe learning strategies
- Contains reminders to instructors via teacher notes
- Includes a template for the comic strip