This Alcohol: Grades 9-12 lesson plan also includes:
Two activities ask high schoolers to consider the role of alcohol culture in their lives. First, groups analyze the types of appeals used in newspaper ads for alcoholic drinks and compare those images with what they have observed. Individuals then consider ways to deal with alcohol-related peer pressure.
- Divide the class into seven groups, assign each group a different article to analyze, and have them report their findings to the whole class
- Research the support programs available on campus and in the community including safe ride programs, and post the information in the classroom
- Ask class members to bring in copies of old newspapers and magazines
- Requires copies of the "Tricks of the Trade" worksheet
- Part of the Health Problems series of lessons designed for high schoolers
- The activities ask learners to consider the effects of the alcohol culture as presented in the media