This An Educator's Guide to the Works of Laurie Halse Anderson lesson plan also includes:
Laurie Halse Anderson tackles challenging topics for teens. An educator's guide shares activities for many of her novels such as Prom, Shout, and Wintergirls. Questions, perfect to use as either discussion or as essay prompts, accompany each title, as do a selection of creative writing, research, and art projects.
- Have writers keep personal journals while reading the novels to help them explore their own emotions
- Create a Banned Books Week display and discuss whether books belong on the banned list
- Works mentioned focus on sensitive topics
- Provides tips for trauma-informed teaching
- Brings in opportunities for creative expression