This Analyzing a Model Position Paper: “Facebook: Not for Kids” lesson plan also includes:
It's time to take a position! Scholars learn to write a position paper by analyzing a model paper titled Facebook: Not for Kids. After studying the model paper, learners think about their own papers using the Position Paper Planner. They finish their learning for the day by discussing claims and counterclaims.
- Ask pupils to highlight the author's claims in the model paper in one color and the counterclaims in another color
- First lesson in Grade 7 ELA Module 4A Unit 3
- Requires completing lessons in order
- Includes a complete Position Paper Planner for teacher reference
- Lists vocabulary useful for teaching the lesson