This Analyzing Text Structure: “Teen Slang: What’s, Like, So Wrong with Like?” lesson plan also includes:
What did you say? Class members read Teen Slang: What’s, Like, So Wrong with Like and make notes in the margin to determine the gist. They then analyze the text to identify claims made and the evidence to support the claims. After completing Teen Slang: What’s, Like, So Wrong with Like? readers complete a structure anchor chart and record the purpose of the text.
- Create a class debate about using slang and its appropriateness
- Lesson seven of 10 in Grade 7 ELA Module 2b, Unit 1
- Complete lessons in order
- Lists vocabulary to teach along with the lesson to increase comprehension
- Offers teaching notes and tips for instruction