This Are Food Preservatives Bad for You? video also includes:
It is safe to say that everything is best in moderation—including preservatives in food. Microbes and oxidation are the main reasons foods become spoiled. Thanks to preservatives, our foods end up having a longer shelf life. But what affect do preservatives have on our bodies?
- Bring in random food packaging to discover the types of preservatives in different foods
- Flip the lesson and have learners view the video and take the quiz outside of school, saving class time for discussion and extended research of the topic
- Video best fits in a chemistry or nutrition class
- Provides visual demonstrations of how different preservatives work in foods
- Comes with the video, links for research, a quiz to check for understanding, and disscussion questions