Gills extract oxygen from water and send it to the blood stream while removing carbon dioxide and sending it back to the water through these feather-like features. View an animation of scorpion gills, called book gills, by first peeling back the exoskeleton. Scholars understand the way these gill flaps work transferring the oxygen to adapt to future life on land.
- Add a diagram of book gills to science journals
- Compare book gills to the gills on fish
- Lets teachers download or stream the resource to best fit individual needs
- Links to many related videos for those wishing to learn more
- Requires very little class time