The behavior traffic light, a reward system designed to motivate children to control their own behavior, focuses on rewarding kids for behaving appropriately. Behaviors "in the green" earn rewards and privileges, while behaviors "in the yellow" or "in the red" result in restrictions.
- Share the strategy with parents
- Great for non-verbal learners
- The resource includes links to additional autism resources, many of which are available for purchase
- Explanations are given in small, distinct steps
- Written, as well as oral and visual directions, are provided for kids
- The 23-page packet includes a rationale for the exercise, step-by-step directions for implementing the strategy, templates for the traffic light, and for the explanations