This Binomial Expansion—Shortcut Please lesson plan also includes:
There has got to be a better way; you just have to find it! Given a general binomial to expand with increasing powers, pupils realize that there must be a better way than multiple multiplications. Classmates look for patterns and use Pascal's Triangle before exploring combinations for the coefficients.
- Provide a mini lesson on combinations and the meaning of the formula
- The class should know how to multiply binomials and polynomials
- It would be helpful if students are familiar with Pascal's Triangle
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides descriptions of the content on each slide
- Includes a handout for individuals to use as a note taking guide