This Box Plot interactive also includes:
What information can come from a box? Learners choose a data set to display as a box plot and decide whether to include the median in the calculation of the quartiles, show the outliers, and change the scale. To finish the lesson, individuals use the display to gain information about the data.
- Lead a discussion on how the inclusion or not of the median affects the box
- Individuals should be able to read numbers expressed as scientific notation using technology
- Assumes pupils can construct and read a box plot
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Lets users graph all the data or break them down by category for comparisons
- Allows participants to enter their own data