This Building Ecological Pyramids activity & project also includes:
Looking for a fresh take on traditional food/energy pyramids? Conduct an innovative activity where pupils build their own! The lesson uses research data from Gorongosa National Park in Mozambique for a real-life safari touch. Scholars gather, organize, and analyze data, then apply the 10 percent rule to create a model of a savanna energy pyramid.
- Make the resource an all-inclusive look at the movement of energy through food webs and ecosystems
- Have the class illustrate their pyramids to add color and creativity to the lesson
- Set up your WildCam Gorongosa account prior to beginning the lesson so you can build your virtual classroom
- Complete the eight activities in order, as they build on one another
- The vast included resources make the lesson very engaging for both middle and high school learners
- Activity is nicely chunked, which helps you easily check understanding throughout the lesson