This Building Vocabulary: Working with Words about the Key Elements of Mythology lesson plan also includes:
Build vocabulary one word at a time. Scholars work to create word models to describe the key elements of myths. After viewing and discussing glossaries, they begin working in triads on their models that include the word, synonyms, antonyms, a symbol, and a sentence. They then complete a class gallery walk to view all of the word models.
- Assign words to grouping to strategically assign more easily represented words to struggling groups
- Lesson 5 of 20 consecutive lessons in Grade 6 ELA Module 1, Unit 2
- Find nonfiction books with a glossary in advance
- Uses chart paper and markers
- Allows pupils to be creative and interactive with vocabulary
- Includes a sample word model template for teacher reference