This Calculus AB/BC - Average and Instantaneous Rate of Change interactive also includes:
Ramp up the average rate of change—instantly. Learners use their knowledge of the formula to find the average rate of change to find the instantaneous rate of change. The presenter shows pupils an interactive that demonstrates finding the slope of a secant line as it gets close to being a tangent line. Using limits, scholars calculate the instantaneous rate of change or the slope of the tangent line at a point and then practice what they learned.
- Review finding limits as a value goes to zero
- Assumes the class is familiar with finding the average rate of change of a function in function notation
- First lesson of 11 in the second unit of a series
- Includes handouts that include examples in the video and practice problems
- Shows all the steps to calculate what is already known at a fast forward speed to save time
- Provides additional exercises for remediation work