This Calculus AB/BC - Estimating Derivatives of a Function at a Point ap test prep also includes:
It seems like it should be about three. Pupils learn to get an estimate of the derivative of a function at a point by using the derivative functionality of their graphing calculators. They take that information to determine the equation of the tangent line at that point. Finally, learners use the average rate of change to estimate the slope of the tangent line when given values of a function within a table.
- Spend some time with the class to make sure they know how to use their calculators to estimate the derivative
- Individuals should be aware of point slope form
- Resource is lesson three in an 11-part unit
- Provides a packet that allows students to write notes along with the examples
- Includes an answer key
- Contains additional practice to help attain mastery of the topic