This Calculus AB/BC - The Quotient Rule ap test prep also includes:
Some differentiation rules are just better to memorize. The ninth lesson in a unit of 11 presents the quotient rule to pupils for them to memorize. Learners use the quotient rule to determine the derivative of two quotients after seeing some worked. They then continue to practice the quotient rule in practice and test prep problems.
- Conduct a mini lesson to show how to derive the quotient rule
- If using the resource in class, ask to see individuals' work for the examples they were asked to do on their own
- Requires the ability to take derivatives of various functions
- Shows an example of when it is easier to simplify the quotient before taking the derivative
- Includes an solution key that shows the problems worked out
- Contains additional problems to use to work toward mastery