Explore the meaning of differentiation and integration. A video lesson describes in detail what differentiating and integrating an equation means using the momentum and kinetic energy formulas. Progressing from a linear to a quadratic function provides a solid basis for understanding the concepts.
- Flip your classroom and assign the lesson as homework; use class time for practice
- Have pupils create a graphic organizer with definitions and examples of differentiation and integration
- Requires laptops with access to the Internet if viewing independently
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Contains strong visuals that help facilitate understanding
- The instructor makes connections between calculus and physics throughout the video