This Change Agents in Our Own Lives lesson plan also includes:
Everyone has the power to change their own lives. Young historians learn how they can become agents for change in their own lives and the community. The lesson plan focuses on positive role models and what motivates individuals to promote change or stand up for injustice. Academics reflect on role models in their local communities, interview family members, and complete graphic organizers to understand how different people respond to social injustice.
- Have older students find a local hero to interview
- Allow younger learners to draw a picture of their role models and explain why
- Installment three of a four-part series called "Dealing with Dilemmas"
- Lesson includes extension activities if time allows
- The resource includes an activity for English learners