This Chlorofluorocarbons and Ozone Depletion lesson plan also includes:
The best of intentions can have negative results. Learners explore the history of the use of chlorofluorocarbons and their effects on the ozone layer. They discover how widely the compound was used because of its unique chemical properties and how long it took to make a change when the negative effects became known.
- Ask pupils to research additional chemicals that have had a negative affect on the ozone layer
- Create groups and assign a different activity to each group member to research and teach to other students
- Appropriate as an environmental science or chemistry lesson
- Teaches the lesson from a historical perspective
- Adaptable to different courses and grade levels