This Christa's Lost Lesson: Chromatography lesson plan also includes:
How do properties of water change in space? Learners explore the concept of chromatography in the installment of Christa's Lost Lessons series as they learn about capillary action. They compare findings from an in-class experiment or demonstration to a video of the same demonstration on the International Space Station. Extension activities provide options for exploring cohesion and adhesion as well.
- Have scholars test other colored markers or different materials to determine the colors' make up
- Ask pupils to come up with real-life scenarios of capillary action, cohesion, and adhesion
- Experiment works as a demonstration or in small groups
- Provides a handout with detailed procedures, data table, and discussion questions
- Video of the experiment in space is engaging