An administrator catches a student smoking in a school bathroom. After the vice principal searches her purse and finds marijuana, she is arrested and later found guilty of drug charges. Was the search legitimate? Scholars consider the question using a conversation starter video and discussion prompts to get to the heart of the issue.
- Use the video and questions to discuss what constitutional protections pupils have
- Ask learners to research the outcome of the case profiled in the short video
- Part of a series of discussion starters surrounding the Constitution
- Discussion of marijuana use may not be appropriate for all classroom settings
- Video is concise and easy to adapt
- Discussion prompts make activity ready to use
- Dramatizations are engaging