This Close Read, Part 1: “Hugo, the Lord’s Nephew” lesson plan also includes:
Fourth time is a charm. Learners complete multiple reads of Hugo, the Lord’s Nephew. On the fourth read, they make notes about each page on sticky notes. They then complete a think-pair-share activity with a partner to determine the theme of the monologue.
- Relate to modern day by discussing the challenges people face in different parts of the world as well as in different social classes
- Lesson 2 of 16 consecutive parts in Grade 6 ELA Module 2B Unit 2
- Suggests reading the monologues in advance
- Uses 10 sticky notes per learner
- Includes an academic word wall for teacher reference
- Offers whole group and small group work