This Collaborative Lab Experiments lesson plan also includes:
Middle schoolers use elodea to determine the rate of photosynthesis. In groups of three, young scientists compare rates in three different locations, and sharing data through a Google spreadsheet. Finally, they come up with their own experiments for photosynthesis.
- Use the lesson in a flipped classroom activity by assigning parts of the digital collaboration to groups for homework
- Each person needs a Google account
- The lesson best fits into a unit about plants and photosynthesis
- Hands-on experiment engages middle schoolers
- Familiarizes learners with spreadsheets
- Encourages group collaboration and 21st century skills