This Community Mural / Poster Campaign activity & project also includes:
Every piece matters. A creative lesson provides an opportunity for scholars to create murals or posters that represent their views on social justice. Academics work on smaller posters or pieces of a mural that will ultimately be displayed in a public setting. The resource also gives families a chance to participate in the artwork unveiling.
- Collaborate with other instructors to create a mural that represents the diversity of the school
- Have a local mural artist speak to the class about their experiences with the art form
- Educators must arrange for a public space to display the finished artwork
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Creating social art gives English learners an opportunity to express themselves without words
- Resource is project-based, allowing pupils to actively participate in the learning process