This Community Puzzle Mural activity & project also includes:
Every piece of the puzzle is important. A lesson gives individuals the opportunity to create artwork that spreads a message of inclusion and tolerance. Class members work in teams to create pieces of the mural that form a larger picture. The project also facilitates community participation as the completed mural is made available for the public to view.
- Have pupils document their experiences creating the mural in their journals
- Allow learners to create the mural for the classroom or school if a public space cannot be secured
- Requires a public space to create and display the mural
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The lesson is great for English learners, as it is a visual-based project
- Resource focuses on the theme of social awareness