This Comparing Multiple Accounts of the Same Topic: Learning about the Great Migration (Promises to Keep, Pages 10–13) lesson plan also includes:
Get the story straight. Scholars gather information about the Great Migration as they listen to a reading from Promises to Keep. They then examine the text to find evidence to support the feeling of resentment. Learners take part in a readers theater about the Great Migration and compare the script to the text Promises to Keep.
- Incorporate with social studies/history standards pertaining to the Great Migration
- Lesson three of 17 in Grade 5 ELA Module 3A, Unit 2
- Must complete lessons in order
- Includes comparison answers for teacher reference
- Lists vocabulary important to the lesson