This Comparing the Magna Carta and English Bill of Rights with the U.S. Bill of Rights interactive also includes:
Just how alike are some historical documents? Discover the similarities between the Magna Carta and the United States Bill of Rights in a fast-paced activity. Historians learn the importance of both documents and the lasting impact they created. Scholars analyze text from both documents, answer questions, and participate in group discussions to fully explore their meanings.
- Create a chart to compare and contrast the English Bill of Rights with the US Bill of Rights
- Guide a group discussion on ways the Magna Carta may have impacted the United States Constitution amendments
- Activity requires a computer
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Activity is ideal for remote learning situations
- The resource is a good practice for analyzing primary sources