This Conference Papers website also includes:
In the world of academia, conference papers and presentations play a big role. It's through conference papers that professors and graduate assistants share their research with others in the field. A handout on conference papers, part of a larger series on specific writing assignments, gives an overview of how to write and present a paper. It includes details for organizing the paper to make the presentation of material more interesting.
- Hold a mock conference and write and present papers based on the chosen topic, then critique the papers in small groups
- Invite someone who has written multiple conference papers to talk to writers about the process
- Includes both writing and oral presentation components
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Breaks down an involved and somewhat intimidating process into manageable chunks
- Focuses more on speaking than actually writing the paper