This Consequences unit also includes:
11 lessons, designed to be used in consecutive order, ask middle and high school scholars to consider the effects of various drugs and the consequences of taking them for themselves and their families. They also develop the communication and decision-making skills necessary to negotiate situations that tweens and teens often encounter.
- Laminate the drug cards to permit reuse
- The unit is designed for educators who have completed the training provided by the School Handbook linked in the Included Materials section of this review: however, instructors may use the handbook independently to design their own program
- One of seven booklets in the "On My Own Two Feet" education resource materials for use in Substance Abuse Education
- The lessons are designed for Irish classrooms and include language and references that may be unfamiliar to students from other countries; however, the concepts are universal
- The 81-page packet includes an introduction and overview for instructors and detailed lessons
- Each lesson includes a list of required materials, discussion questions, and activities