This Constitutional Principles: Consent of the Governed video also includes:
A government of the people, by the people, and for the people! Invite your class to really analyze the concept of consent of the governed and why it is one of the foundational principles of the United States Constitution and of representative governments around the world. The viewing guide for this video is complete with pre-viewing questions, guiding notes, and assessment questions.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Viewing guide is organized with appropriate questions highlighting topic and vocabulary
- Video repeatedly reinforces concept using historical examples and Constitutional language
- See website for additional primary source materials to further explore concept
- Learners should be familiar with context of American Revolution and the Constitution, as video moves quickly through material
- Instructor may need to pause video in order to clarify concepts or questions, or to give class appropriate time to complete the viewing guide