This Corn Conundrum lesson plan also includes:
Which type of corn ranks highest? Given data about varieties of corn, groups analyze the information to determine the best corn species to grow in a dry environment. After finding the best for a drought condition, individuals receive additional information to find the best corn variety to grow on Mars. The teams submit a letter detailing their ranking system and the ranks of the corn varieties.
- Compare and contrast varieties chosen and students' selection methods
- Work with the science department to share the responsibility and time for the project
- Learners should understand plant structure and function, especially photosynthesis
- Data sheets provide locations to organize calculations
- Includes suggestions for accommodations and extensions