This Coronaviruses – What They Are and How They Can Make You Sick lesson plan also includes:
With new diseases comes new science. A thorough lesson describes how coronaviruses replicate in the body and trigger an immune response. Pupils discover how the workings of different body systems contribute to the effect of the virus and how that knowledge can lead to treatments.
- Assign each group a different follow-up activity and have them present their results
- Consider the sensitivity of the topic given the recent pandemic
- Expects a basic understanding of components of a virus
- Includes links to support content and provide additional reading
- Adaptable to different grade levels