This Correlation video also includes:
Determine how close the line is to the scatter plot. Clear video instruction shows how to plot a scatter plot and find the best fit line using the linear regression function on a calculator. Pupils use the information from the calculator to find the correlation coefficient to determine the strength and direction of the correlation. They also use residuals from the graph to help find how well the best fit line fits the data and then practice their skills with a worksheet.
- Provide a background lesson on the data calculation that is used to find the correlation coefficient
- Assumes understanding of determining the slope and y-intercept from an equation
- Lesson three in the four-part Unit 5 series
- Provides an organizer to keep notes during lesson presentation
- Includes an exit ticket to check for understanding