This COVID-19: Comparison with the Influenza Pandemic of 1918 lesson plan also includes:
A timely lesson uses documentation from the Spanish influenza pandemic of 1918 to compare it to the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020. Scholars watch a short video, analyze sources, complete a worksheet, and write a claim with supporting evidence. Once finished, academics compare the similarities and differences between the two pandemics and discuss them in a group setting.
- Compare government's reactions to the Spanish influenza pandemic of 1918 and the plague
- Discuss how the COVID-19 pandemic is directly affecting learners
- The lesson is first in a three-part series
- Educator may need to provide updated information before using the lesson
- Lesson provides multiple sources of information for analysis
- Includes teaching tips to help the instructor guide pupils