Equate the area of a parallelogram with the magnitude. The 11th installment in a 15-video series introduces the concept of the cross product of two vectors. The presentation makes the geometric connection between the cross product, the determinant, and the area of the parallelogram defined by the vectors. The video describes the orientation of the cross product by using the right-hand rule.
- Conduct a short review on calculating determinants
- Provide opportunities for class members to calculate cross products
- The class should be familiar with the concept of duality
- The lesson builds by presenting a simple case before moving on to a more complex case
- Uses colored arrows to demonstrate what it means when one vector is to the left or right of the other