This Describing Data video also includes:
No need to nap through the lesson. Given data on the number of naps two teachers take, learners calculate the mean, median, mode, and range, and then interpret their results in terms of the context. They then see how to determine the standard deviation of the data sets.
- Have the class research different data sets to calculate descriptive statistics
- First of five videos in Algebra 1 Unit 4
- Some familiarity with descriptive statistics from middle school is beneficial
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Shows the steps for using a graphing calculator to find standard deviation on screen for viewers to reference
- Provides student worksheets and separate answer keys