This Developing Reading Fluency: Beginning the End of Unit 2 Assessment lesson plan also includes:
Third graders continue to develop their reading fluency in preparation for their assessment in the tenth lesson plan of this unit. Young readers are provided with a short passage on Helen Keller, which they use while working in pairs reading and providing feedback on each other's fluency. During this practice time, the teacher selects kids to read the passage aloud in order to make audio recordings for their fluency assessment. A great opportunity is provided for documenting your class's growth as readers. If using this resource with upper graders, be sure to supplement a passage more appropriate to their reading level.
- Includes multiple approaches for developing fluency
- Utilizes collaboration to facilitate students' growth as readers
- Offers adaptions to support all learners with fluency
- Lesson is adaptable to a range of grade levels
- Fluent Reading Criteria Checklist not included, but can be found in Lesson 8 of this unit