How do bodies digest all of the parts of a hamburger? An interesting video follows a hamburger through the digestive system, showing the pathway of digestion and explaining how each of the components of a hamburger—the bun, the meat, and the cheese—break down within the digestive system. It also introduces scholars to important structures and enzymes in the process of digestion.
- Use as a review of the digestive system
- Assign as an introduction in a flipped classroom assignment, then have learners break down something they ate for dinner before coming to class the next day
- General biology background knowledge would be helpful for understanding
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Narrator is engaging and funny
- Real-life application makes the video more intriguing