Is that multivitamin really keeping you healthy and balanced? Junior nutritionists weigh the pros and cons using a video from the American Chemical Society's Reactions playlist. Topics covered include types of vitamins and minerals, what the body does with excess nutrients, and the effects of over-supplementing.
- Ask the class to list the vitamins and minerals they have heard of, then have them compare their lists to what's discussed in the video
- Have individuals research a specific vitamin to learn what it does for the body
- The video requires no prior knowledge of the subject
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides an honest look at the mostly unregulated supplement industry
- Evaluates supplements based on the claims manufacturers make versus scientists' opinions