This Do You See What I See? lesson plan also includes:
In only nine months, a small group of cells grows into a fully developed baby. Pupils learn about the development of an embryo to a fetus to a baby. They identify each step of weekly development. Young scientists look at ultrasounds to identify how many weeks the woman has been pregnant.
- Invite an obstetrician to speak to the class about fetal development
- Share additional sonograms to practice identifying the correct week of development
- Relies on prior knowledge of human anatomy, physiology, the reproductive system, and fertilization
- Lesson applies directly to real life
- Offers informal and formal evaluation options
- Includes answer key