This Down to the Core lesson plan also includes:
No need to dig further for a resource on core samples. Scholars build a device capable of taking core samples to model similar tools that collect samples from planets and moons. They try out their devices on potatoes in the third lesson of the series.
- Invite a geologist to give a presentation on core samples
- Requires prior preparation, such as cutting potato slices
- Activity uses a variety of materials
- Leader (teacher) notes provide suggested ways of dealing with issues that may occur during activity
- Includes worksheets with directions and project rubric