This Drafting Body Paragraphs lesson plan also includes:
That's just the style. Learners begin with a mini-lesson about formal writing style. They then use what they learned about formal writing to begin the body paragraphs for their End of Unit 1 Assessment Prompt: Adversity in the Middle Ages. To conclude the lesson, scholars share one of their paragraphs with partners.
- Brainstorm occasions when formal and informal style is appropriate
- Lesson 11 of 13 in Grade 6 ELA Module 2B Unit 1
- Order of lessons matters
- Uses graphic organizers from a previous lesson and lined paper
- Uses an anchor chart to guide writers to formal style
- Offers suggestions for differentiation