This Drug Education Tobacco Year 7 lesson plan also includes:
A series of activities encourages young people to be smoke free. Class members identify the chemicals found in cigarettes and cigarette smoke, investigate the health risks, and practice refusal strategies.
23 Views 20 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Provide families with the link to the resource packet
- Laminate the activity cards to permit reuse
- The statistics in the 10-page packet, designed by the Australian Mental Health Commission, are based on tobacco use by young people in that country; however, the activities are appropriate for teens in any country
- The links to resource packets for years 8 and 9 are provided
- Also includes information for parents on how to help their children be smoke free