This Drugs: Grades 6-8 lesson plan also includes:
What happens to your body when you use drugs? What do you do if your friend wants you to start using? Learn about the signs of addiction and the ways to withstand peer pressure with two classroom activities. After storyboarding the effects of taking drugs, learners complete a quick quiz to show what they have learned.
- Have class members convert their storyboards to a short film, either acted by classmates or in a stop-action format
- Incorporate into a health or teen issues lesson on peer pressure
- Accompanying worksheet is for the first lesson, not the second
- Designed for middle school but applicable to high school as well
- Includes an answer key
- Two lessons cover both the physiological and psychological implications of using drugs