While most strains of E. coli exist harmlessly inside our digestive tracts, some strains cause serious illness and even death. Watch the infection strategy of E. coli as it attacks a cell. The animation shares both what happens inside and outside the cell to elevate the bacterium in the digestive system.
- Discuss the symptoms of e. coli
- Research the five most recent E. coli outbreaks in the US
- Relies on prior knowledge of biology, infections, and cell structure
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes background information and teaching tips
- Offers the video in both large and small formats depending on your technology needs